Executive coaching is either a one-to-one, or a team or group based, enabling relationship between a trained professional coach and client in a business relationship, with the aim of helping the executive become more competent and fulfilled in their career.
Both one-to-one coaching, as well as virtual and face-to-face team coaching, is available.
The client is often a senior manager or board director who has accountability for complex decisions, and with a wide scope of impact on an organisation. The focus of coaching is often therefore around organisational performance and the individual’s development within that organisation, but may also include a personal component.
Coaching works best to help individuals and teams to address specific issues. It provides professional and personal development appropriate for senior executives with little time for self-reflection – and is therefore particularly suitable for board level executives, CEO’s and senior managers, helping them to focus on their business priorities whilst advancing their professional development goals.
Executive coaching is a skilful way to develop a leader’s self-awareness – to expand upon how they observe their world, and how their “Way of Being” affects their impact and influence as a leader. For the client, the learning is experiential and they should be enabled to find their own solutions to their challenges as shifts in their perceptions begin to take place. Above all, coaching should involve trust, respect and mutual freedom of expression between the coach and client.
In our current competitive times, organisations are re-engineering themselves and often downsizing. Employees no longer stay with one organisation for their entire career and organisations do everything they can to retain their talent. Coaching is a way of working with people so that they become more competent and fulfilled in their careers – so they are able to contribute positively to their organisations and find meaning in what they do.
• Self-awareness, self-observation and self-correction of leadership behaviour on a sustainable basis
• Improved leadership, teamwork and management
• Improved executive impact, influence and performance
• Better interpersonal skills and relationships
• Increased flexibility in managing change environments, and handling conflict and stress
• Identifying solutions to specific work-related challenges
• Retain and engage talent in business leadership
• Increase creativity in business and strategic planning
• Develop greater commitment from Directors and Senior Managers, with improved team and staff management
A 48 hour cancellation policy is in place to ensure session times are filled. Reasonable flexibility is always given when rescheduling, but any appointments cancelled within a 48 hour period may incur a cancellation fee.